Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Long Road Home

I do not often navigate the blog world, but since Lisa was gone to a shower for Emily, I decided to work on my church calling. For some random reason, I decided to check out our blog to see what Lisa might be communicating with her world.

I love her with all my heart. I know her pain. This is a difficult time for her. She is an amazing woman. As you all know, she gives her heart and soul to everything she does. She loves people and has an incredible love for the Young Women and Leaders of the Parkway 1st Ward. This release has been very difficult. In a lot of ways it is like a funeral.

There is no way to describe the loss of a loved one. You can not fill the void...nor do you want to. I have come to understand that the void that is created by the loss, represents the love that was created by and for that person. The sadness and heart break that Lisa is feeling represents the incredible love that she has for these young women and young women leaders. This part of her life seems like it has gone...but it really has not. Just as death does not stop the life of a person, nor does change. It is the gift of change that allows us to find the deeper meanings in life. Our struggles with change bring us closer to God.

I am anxious to have Lisa join me in the Young Adult ward. She will not fill the voids created from no longer being associated with her Young Women family. I am excited for the Young Adult ward to experience her love, her laughter, and her engaging personality. There are over 300 young adults that are going to be blessed by the incredible woman that she is. Like you, I am blessed every day to feel her love.

Jeff

1 comment:

melissa said...

Well written jeff...well written! We all love and support her-as she does us with our struggles!we love you both more than words can say! thanks for the kind words, its always a breathe of fresh air to hear a spouse talk about and uplift there loved one.