Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Light in the Dark



In the last few weeks, I have noticed more light coming into my windows at night. Usually when there is a snow storm, there is an orange glow that comes and makes it lighter-I call this "snow sky". But when I noticed this, there wasn't a storm. (There have been snow storms lately. That's right snow storms in March, leaving 3 inches of snow on my front lawn! But that is a topic for another day.) Why is it so light?, I wondered. Is my neighbor's back yard light on? No. Are there more street lights on? No. (Not since the city finally put more in our neighborhood a few years ago. Thank heaven!)
Anyway all of this got me thinking on the topic "light in the dark". Have you ever been out in the country driving at night and it is pitch black all around you? When you look out of the car window there are millions of stars lighting the sky-light in the dark. Have you ever been outside on a warm summer night when the moon is full? It looks like daytime-light in the dark. Have you ever been lost on your path in life and wondered where to turn, or who to turn to, to find the right course?
There is One that we can always turn to who is a Light in the darkness, that life sometimes brings. "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life. " John 8:12. He will show us the way. He is our Light in the darkness. His love is eternal, unchanging, and ever-present.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the great reminder!

melissa said...

Perfectly worded:) Its always good to hear these things!

Jeff said...

I love Lisa's new found median to open her heart to others. I love her understanding. I love her ability to put in words the thoughts of her heart. I love her insight to life. I love that she has found this creative way to stir the souls of others. Keep it up doll!