Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Released :(

I was released from my calling as YW President this past Sunday. I must say that I am SO SAD about it. I love these girls and will miss them!! I will also miss all the talented, giving women that I worked with and loved. We worked hard and well together. Each had her own talents and used them to benefit the whole. I sat down and wrote this poem for them as a token of my love and gratitude for each and every one.

LABOR of LOVE


Give your heart in service”

A simple little phrase.


But the rigors of the doing

Are an entirely different case.


Time in prayer, on bended knee,

Up late at night concerned.


Will they recognize who they are.

How long before they'll learn.


They're daughters of God sent at this time,

Saved for “such a time as this”,


To prepare the world for His return

All evil to resist.


Good shepherds guide them along

Acting for the Savior in this way.


Keep them safe”, He calls to them,

So in my arms they'll stay”.


You gave your heart, your soul, your love,

This precious work to do.


You've touched their hearts and made them strong

They're better because of you.


Your selfless service given with love

Is recognized by Him


Well done thou faithful servant,

Come now and enter in.”


No comments: