Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amazing Woman!




Yesterday I was privileged to attend the funeral of Lera Benson Whittle. She is the grandmother of my sister-in-law Klyss and was 102 years young when she died. I was so inspired by this woman's life and the love she shared with so many. The entire chapel was full with her family and half the cultural hall was filled with people who came to pay their respects to this wonderful woman.
Each speaker had pure love and admiration for her and had learned so many life lessons by following her example. Her calling in her ward was to mentor the youth. Quarterly they would sit at her feet and she would teach then about life. What a gift for them! I'm sure they will remember her words of wisdom for all of their lives.
Her Bishop said that even at 101 years old, she told him in a note after reading a book about women by President Gordon B. Hinckley, she would try to become better. Wow! What an inspiration.
My favorite saying that her grandson spoke of us was, "Worry less and love more!" As I ponder that, it is very profound brings new ideas to me on how I can improve in so many ways. What influence for good can one person make? The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

melissa said...

AWwww, i LOVE that woman already! Gosh, what incredible people we have living just around the corner. I'm glad you shared her example-i really did learn from her just from hearing about her funeral. Good Post:)