Friday, February 27, 2009

Snowing-but a better day

Yesterday was one of those days for me that I would choose never to have-if I had a choice. It started out all right. Going to the gym, lifting weights-doing yoga (I tried this new yoga class and it was fabulous! Thanks Pam!) But I had all these negative thoughts that turned into feeling bad-can you relate when I say the words "not good enough"? I decided to go to a movie by myself. It is the second time in my life I have done this and it is sometimes right to do. Especially when you are in a mood like I was. Who wants to be around a moody, weepy, grouchy woman-YIKES!
So-I went to the show, and while I was there got some escape from myself but after it was over, the woman I don't like in myself was still present. What to do now? Food? Maybe a chocolate bar? But I just had greasy, salty popcorn-isn't that the cure- all for the blues? I drove around for a while and then decided to go home. At this point I just sat and cried.
I called my husband and he tried to help but he was getting on a plane to fly home. He is patient and loving but when I'm in "that mood" nothing he says is right. Totally not his fault-all mine in all my grouchy glory. I commenced to cry some more praying, literally, that I could find my way out of this dark place. Then, my son called. He said, "Mom, just because you are having a bad day doesn't mean you are a bad person." (Remember the words above, "not good enough"). Just those few words-there were many more that helped, but those stuck in my mind- provided me a way out. An answer to prayer. A light at the end of a tunnel. I came out. The Lord has angels above and angels here on earth. Yesterday my son was my angel.
Today it is gray and snowy but it is a new day and that sometimes makes all the difference. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I hope today is going better and you know that we love you.

Elizabeth said...

That was Ryan who commented, but I would like to echo the comment. We love you!